- Fort Walton Beach is a city located in southern Okaloosa County in the state of Florida, United States of America. For instance, the United States Census Bureau estimates that the population of Fort Walton Beach was 19,992 in 2005, and that the population of Fort Walton Beach is 18,880 in 2008.
- 1 What major city is near Fort Walton Beach FL?
- 2 Is Fort Walton Beach near Miami?
- 3 Is Fort Walton Beach and Destin the same?
- 4 Is Fort Walton Beach Florida a nice place to live?
- 5 Is Fort Walton Beach Nice?
- 6 Does Fort Walton Beach have clear water?
- 7 Which beach has the clearest water in Florida?
- 8 Is Fort Walton Beach Safe?
- 9 Is Fort Walton Beach safe for families?
- 10 Which part of Florida is best to live in?
What major city is near Fort Walton Beach FL?
Wright, Florida. Destin, Florida; Niceville, Florida
Is Fort Walton Beach near Miami?
It takes 504 miles to get from Miami to Fort Walton Beach in Florida. This route covers 641 kilometers on the road.
Is Fort Walton Beach and Destin the same?
Destin and Fort Walton Beach are both located along the sugary beachfront of the Emerald Coast, yet their histories, makeup, and overall vibe are vastly different from one another. On an undeveloped section of Okaloosa Island that is part of the National Seashore, they are separated by almost five miles of beautiful white beach.
Is Fort Walton Beach Florida a nice place to live?
This beach community is located in Okaloosa County and is considered to be one of the greatest locations to live in Florida. Living in Fort Walton Beach provides inhabitants with a thick suburban atmosphere, and the vast majority of residents are homeowners. There are several pubs, restaurants, and parks to choose from in Fort Walton Beach. The public schools in Fort Walton Beach have received excellent ratings.
Is Fort Walton Beach Nice?
In addition to its picture-perfect beaches, Fort Walton Beach, FL is noted for its family-friendly attitude, as well as its stunning natural regions. This coastal town is a popular winter and summer vacation destination for snowbirds and summer visitors alike.
Does Fort Walton Beach have clear water?
Despite the fact that Florida has more than 1,800 miles of coastline, the sands of Destin-Fort Walton Beach allow access to the beautiful, emerald green sea of the Gulf of Mexico unlike any other place in the world, according to the National Geographic.
Which beach has the clearest water in Florida?
Reasons why Destin’s beaches have the purest water in all of Florida Whenever surveys are conducted to determine which area has the purest water in Florida, the Emerald Coast in northwest Florida regularly comes out on top. Destin, Miramar Beach, and all of the lovely coastal communities along South Walton’s Scenic 30A, as well as Panama City Beach, are all included in this prestigious designation of clarity.
Is Fort Walton Beach Safe?
A person living in Fort Walton Beach has a one-in-41 probability of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime. According to FBI crime statistics, Fort Walton Beach is not one of the safest places to live in the United States. Fort Walton Beach has a crime rate that is greater than that of 66 percent of the state’s cities and municipalities of all sizes when compared to the rest of the state.
Is Fort Walton Beach safe for families?
Fort Walton Beach is ranked in the 36th percentile for safety, which means that 64 percent of cities are safer and 36 percent of cities are more dangerous than the city in which it is located. The scope of this investigation is limited to the proper limits of Fort Walton Beach. During a typical year, the rate of crime in Fort Walton Beach is 32.93 crimes per 1,000 people living there.
Which part of Florida is best to live in?
Top places to live in Florida in 2021 according to Money magazine
- Naples. Naples, Florida, is located in the southwest region of the state, near the Gulf of Mexico, and is the best area to reside in Florida. Melbourne, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Tampa Bay, Fort Myers, Port St. Lucie, Sarasota, and more cities in Florida