Destin Florida | The Official Destin, Florida Visitor’s Guide
- Destin, Florida, is located on the Gulf of Mexico’s Florida Panhandle and is known for its magnificent white sand beaches, emerald green ocean, and for being the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village.” This seaside town is famed for its abundant fishing, difficult golf courses, mouth-watering seafood restaurants, and breathtaking vistas of the Gulf of Mexico.
- 1 What is the closest major city to Destin Florida?
- 2 Why is Destin Florida so popular?
- 3 What is the best month to go to Destin Florida?
- 4 How Safe Is Destin Florida?
- 5 How do I get to Destin Beach?
- 6 Is Destin Florida Expensive?
- 7 What beach is better Pensacola or Destin?
- 8 What airport do you use for Destin Florida?
- 9 Is Destin Florida close to Miami?
- 10 Where do you fly into to get to Destin?
- 11 Is Destin a party beach?
- 12 Are there alligators in Destin?
- 13 Is Destin an island?
What is the closest major city to Destin Florida?
Destin, Florida is surrounded by a number of major cities.
- There are 216 miles between New Orleans, LA, and Birmingham, AL. There are 217 miles between Atlanta, GA, and Baton Rouge, LA
- 289 miles between Jacksonville, FL and Saint Petersburg, FL
- 294 miles between Tampa, FL and Orlando, FL.
- 331 miles between Atlanta and Orlando.
Why is Destin Florida so popular?
Destin, located in Northwest Florida and nestled against the Gulf of Mexico, is well-known for its sugar-white sands and emerald-colored seas. In addition, Destin is popularly regarded as the “world’s luckiest fishing hamlet” because of the abundance and constant hunger of its undersea inhabitants.
What is the best month to go to Destin Florida?
Visiting Destin during the months of April and May is the most enjoyable since the ocean is warm, the sun is shining, and the temperatures are acceptable (expect highs in the mid-70s and 80s). If you arrive any earlier, you run the danger of experiencing colder temperatures and frigid water. A summer vacation will put you in the midst of the throng and the highest rates.
How Safe Is Destin Florida?
Destin has an overall crime rate of 14 per 1,000 people, which places it close to the national average for all cities and towns of all sizes in the United States of America. According to our review of FBI crime data, the likelihood of becoming a victim of crime in Destin is one in every 72 people who lives there.
How do I get to Destin Beach?
Access to the beach in Destin is free.
- In addition, there are public beach accesses at Osteen and Calhoun, as well as June White Decker Public Beach Park and Silver Shells Beach Public Access. In addition, there is a state park at Henderson Beach, as well as Shirah Street access and The Shores at Crystal Beach access.
Is Destin Florida Expensive?
It is recommended that you budget around $153 per day for your vacation in Destin, which is the average daily price based on the expenditures of other tourists in the area. Previous tourists have spent an average of $41 on meals for one day and $40 on local transportation in the area. As a result, a one-week trip to Destin for two individuals will cost on average $2,147 dollars.
What beach is better Pensacola or Destin?
Compared to other destinations, Destin is more congested and ‘touristy,’ but it also provides a greater variety of things to do as well as more options for shopping and dining. Pensacola Beach, on the other hand, is a smaller area with fewer things to do, but it provides a more real experience in general than other beaches.
What airport do you use for Destin Florida?
Flights to and from Destin – Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS) are the most popular mode of transportation along Florida’s Gulf Coast, and it is an ideal choice for traveling to Northwest Florida.
Is Destin Florida close to Miami?
✚ What is the distance between Miami and Destin? The driving distance between Miami and Destin is 497 miles. This route covers 639 kilometers on the road.
Where do you fly into to get to Destin?
The Destin-Fort Walton Beach International Airport (VPS) is the nearest airport to Destin and is the most convenient. It’s only 16 miles away in Valparaiso, where the action takes place. Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Delta, Silver Airways, and United Airlines are just a few of the airlines that fly through VPS International Airport.
Is Destin a party beach?
There is zero tolerance for wild parties in Destin, including any activity that is believed to disturb the experiences of peace-seeking guests or to jeopardize the family image that has been successfully preserved for decades in the area.
Are there alligators in Destin?
Today, there are almost one million and fifty thousand of them scattered throughout the state of Florida. The majority of them may be found in the southern half of the state, in locations like the Everglades, among other places. They are only seldom seen in the large wild nature preserves along Scenic 30A, but they are nearly never seen at Destin or Miramar Beach, which are both on the Emerald Coast.
Is Destin an island?
5. Destin was formerly a little island off the coast of Florida. Located on a peninsula that divides the Gulf of Mexico from Choctawhatchee Bay, Destin is a popular tourist destination. This peninsula, on the other hand, used to be an island many years ago.