What is the most efficient mode of transportation to Virginia Beach?
- How to Get Around in Virginia Beach. The most convenient mode of transportation in Virginia Beach is by vehicle, despite the fact that parking and summertime traffic can be difficult. The majority of visitors arrive by car, but you may also fly into Norfolk International Airport (ORF), which is located around 20 miles northwest of the city.
- 1 What is there to do in Virginia Beach besides the beach?
- 2 Is there anything to do in Virginia Beach?
- 3 What is good in Virginia Beach?
- 4 How do you enjoy Virginia Beach?
- 5 Can you drink on VA Beach?
- 6 Is Virginia Beach open to the public?
- 7 Does Virginia Beach have a boardwalk?
- 8 Does Virginia Beach have a downtown?
- 9 Is Virginia Beach affordable?
- 10 Is Virginia Beach better than Myrtle Beach?
- 11 What food is Virginia Beach known for?
- 12 Are there sharks at Virginia Beach?
- 13 Is the Virginia Beach boardwalk open?
- 14 Is Virginia Beach Safe?
- 15 What is there to do in Virginia Beach nightlife?
What is there to do in Virginia Beach besides the beach?
Attractions in Virginia Beach to Visit
- First Landing State Park is located in the town of First Landing. Photograph courtesy of Shutterstock.
- Photo courtesy of Shutterstock. Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center
- Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art
- Cape Henry Lighthouse
- and the Virginia Beach Surf & Rescue Museum are just a few of the attractions in the state of Virginia. Photograph courtesy of Sherry V Smith / Shutterstock
Is there anything to do in Virginia Beach?
Activities in Virginia Beach, VA that are the best.
- Visit First Landing State Park
- go hiking in Virginia Beach
- see the Old Cape Henry Lighthouse
- go jet skiing in Virginia Beach
- visit the Great Dismal Swamp
- go surfing
- see the Harrison Opera House
- and much more. Scare yourself silly at Nightmare Mansion Haunted House.
What is good in Virginia Beach?
Virginia Beach is home to 12 top-rated tourist attractions.
- Attractions in Virginia Beach include: the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center, First Landing State Park, Sandbridge Beach, Back Bay Wildlife Refuge, The Adventure Park, the Military Aviation Museum, and Chesapeake Bay Beach. Attractions in Norfolk include: the Virginia Beach Boardwalk and the Oceanfront.
How do you enjoy Virginia Beach?
Here are some of our favorite ways to get out on the water and enjoy the scenery in and around Virginia Beach.
- Paddleboarding with a stand-up paddle board. Embark on a stand-up paddle board (SUP) adventure across one of the remaining outstanding salt marsh environments on the East Coast. Kayaking, surfing, parasailing, an oyster farm tour, and a Craft Brews Cruise on the Virginia Aquarium are all options.
Can you drink on VA Beach?
Unless specifically licensed for an event, no alcohol or glass of any type is permitted on the beach.
Is Virginia Beach open to the public?
A NEW OCEANFRONT VISITOR CENTER HAS BEEN OPENED. The I-264 Oceanfront Visitor Information Center has opened its doors to the general public. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The new center hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be no further access to the Chesapeake Bay Center at First Landing State Park until further notice.
Does Virginia Beach have a boardwalk?
The Virginia Beach Boardwalk, located on the Oceanfront, is a 28-foot-wide wonder that extends three miles from 2nd to 40th Streets and has a separate cycling lane that is great for strolling, rollerblading, and riding, among other activities. During the summer months, nightly entertainment is provided on four seaside stages located at the 7th, 17th, and 24th streets.
Does Virginia Beach have a downtown?
The Town Center in Virginia Beach is a must-see. Town Center is the heart of Virginia Beach’s downtown section, serving as a gathering place for restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and the arts.
Is Virginia Beach affordable?
Apart from being a reasonably priced area to live on the East Coast — the typical house price in Virginia Beach is $262,200 and the median monthly rent is $1,258 — it is also a safe and secure neighborhood. Virgina Beach is much more than simply a famous seaside vacation destination; it is also a secure, economically stable, and family-friendly community.
Is Virginia Beach better than Myrtle Beach?
Myrtle Beach offers a somewhat better beach, whereas Virginia Beach has a little more to offer in terms of activities. However, the average temperature in Myrtle Beach is somewhat warmer than the average temperature in Charleston, depending on where you stay and what you do while you are there. Virginia Beach is slightly more crowded than other beaches, although only by a little margin.
What food is Virginia Beach known for?
Take a look at some of our favorite traditional Virginia Beach foods that you just must eat.
- Lynnhaven Oysters
- She-Crab Soup
- Orange Crushes
- Soft Shell Crab
- Fresh Pungo Berries
- a variety of other dishes
Are there sharks at Virginia Beach?
It is crucial to remember that Virginia Beach is home to a large number of sharks, which should be taken into consideration. Sandbar sharks are commonly seen off the coast of Virginia Beach, and they are a type of shark that lives in shallow water. Sharks of this species can be captured at the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier in Virginia Beach.
Is the Virginia Beach boardwalk open?
The Virginia Beach Boardwalk is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The Virginia Beach Fishing Pier is open from April to October, and it is open 24 hours a day from Memorial Day to Labor Day, weather permitting.
Is Virginia Beach Safe?
Virginia Beach is a safe location to live, work, visit, and raise a family. It is also a great place to retire. According to FBI data, Virginia Beach has one of the lowest crime rates in the country for a city of its size, making it one of the safest places to live in the country.
What is there to do in Virginia Beach nightlife?
Nightlife and entertainment are important components of every vacation.
- Itineraries include Murphy’s Virginia Beach Irish Pub, Keagan’s Irish Pub, Dinner Detective Murder Mystery, CP Shuckers, Shakas Nightclub, the Virgina Beach Music Festival, AJ Gators Sports Bar and Grill, 11th Street Tap House Bar and Grille, and the Dinner Detective Murder Mystery.