What is the most convenient spot to stay in Virginia Beach?
- The top ten best places to stay in Virginia Beach, United States of America. A short distance between Norfolk International Airport and the coast, the Comfort Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, Virginia, is a great place to stay. The accessibility of this hotel to all of the beach activities, water sports, and shopping will be appreciated by guests. In addition to the Norfolk Botanical Garden, Lake Lawson and Lake Smith Natural Area, and the Virginia Zoo, there are several more local attractions.
- 1 Is there anything to do in Virginia Beach?
- 2 What is there to do in Virginia Beach besides the beach?
- 3 Is Virginia Beach worth visiting?
- 4 How do you enjoy Virginia Beach?
- 5 Does Virginia Beach have a boardwalk?
- 6 Is Virginia Beach open to the public?
- 7 Can you drink on VA Beach?
- 8 Are there sharks at Virginia Beach?
- 9 Is Virginia Beach safe for tourists?
- 10 Is Virginia Beach better than Myrtle Beach?
- 11 Is Virginia Beach better than Ocean City?
- 12 What’s so great about Virginia Beach?
- 13 Does Virginia Beach have a downtown?
- 14 Is the Virginia Beach boardwalk open?
- 15 What should I bring to Virginia Beach?
Is there anything to do in Virginia Beach?
Activities in Virginia Beach, VA that are the best.
- Visit First Landing State Park
- go hiking in Virginia Beach
- see the Old Cape Henry Lighthouse
- go jet skiing in Virginia Beach
- visit the Great Dismal Swamp
- go surfing
- see the Harrison Opera House
- and much more. Scare yourself silly at Nightmare Mansion Haunted House.
What is there to do in Virginia Beach besides the beach?
Attractions in Virginia Beach to Visit
- First Landing State Park is located in the town of First Landing. Photograph courtesy of Shutterstock.
- Photo courtesy of Shutterstock. Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center
- Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art
- Cape Henry Lighthouse
- and the Virginia Beach Surf & Rescue Museum are just a few of the attractions in the state of Virginia. Photograph courtesy of Sherry V Smith / Shutterstock
Is Virginia Beach worth visiting?
Vacationers go to Virginia Beach in the summer for its beautiful beaches, which are particularly popular with families who want to swim in the water and soak up some rays in the warm sun. With its laid-back ambience and leisurely pace, it is an excellent retreat or vacation spot.
How do you enjoy Virginia Beach?
Here are some of our favorite ways to get out on the water and enjoy the scenery in and around Virginia Beach.
- Paddleboarding with a stand-up paddle board. Embark on a stand-up paddle board (SUP) adventure across one of the remaining outstanding salt marsh environments on the East Coast. Kayaking, surfing, parasailing, an oyster farm tour, and a Craft Brews Cruise on the Virginia Aquarium are all options.
Does Virginia Beach have a boardwalk?
The Virginia Beach Boardwalk, located on the Oceanfront, is a 28-foot-wide wonder that extends three miles from 2nd to 40th Streets and has a separate cycling lane that is great for strolling, rollerblading, and riding, among other activities. During the summer months, nightly entertainment is provided on four seaside stages located at the 7th, 17th, and 24th streets.
Is Virginia Beach open to the public?
A NEW OCEANFRONT VISITOR CENTER HAS BEEN OPENED. The I-264 Oceanfront Visitor Information Center has opened its doors to the general public. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The new center hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be no further access to the Chesapeake Bay Center at First Landing State Park until further notice.
Can you drink on VA Beach?
Unless specifically licensed for an event, no alcohol or glass of any type is permitted on the beach.
Are there sharks at Virginia Beach?
It is crucial to remember that Virginia Beach is home to a large number of sharks, which should be taken into consideration. Sandbar sharks are commonly seen off the coast of Virginia Beach, and they are a type of shark that lives in shallow water. Sharks of this species can be captured at the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier in Virginia Beach.
Is Virginia Beach safe for tourists?
Virginia Beach is a completely safe place to live in. The crime index in this area is between low and medium. The most serious issues are those involving violence, vandalism, and robbery. On the subject of safety, Virginia Beach is considered to be one of the safest cities in its region.
Is Virginia Beach better than Myrtle Beach?
Myrtle Beach offers a somewhat better beach, whereas Virginia Beach has a little more to offer in terms of activities. However, the average temperature in Myrtle Beach is somewhat warmer than the average temperature in Charleston, depending on where you stay and what you do while you are there. Virginia Beach is slightly more crowded than other beaches, although only by a little margin.
Is Virginia Beach better than Ocean City?
Virginia Beach is by far the superior location. There are activities for people of all ages, and the environment is safe and clean. It was more than a year ago. I haven’t gone to Ocean City in a while, but my family and I enjoy Virginia Beach.
What’s so great about Virginia Beach?
It’s no surprise that the Virginia Beach Boardwalk is one of the city’s most popular attractions, since it’s packed with art, dining options, shopping opportunities, and museums, among other things. While no visit to the island is complete without posing for a photo with the world-famous King Neptune monument, there are a variety of other must-do things to take part in while there.
Does Virginia Beach have a downtown?
The Town Center in Virginia Beach is a must-see. Town Center is the heart of Virginia Beach’s downtown section, serving as a gathering place for restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and the arts.
Is the Virginia Beach boardwalk open?
The Virginia Beach Boardwalk is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The Virginia Beach Fishing Pier is open from April to October, and it is open 24 hours a day from Memorial Day to Labor Day, weather permitting.
What should I bring to Virginia Beach?
Contents of the Table of Contents
- A swimsuit, a coverup, beach flip flops, a beach tote bag, a graphic T-shirt and jeans shorts, athletic wear, a wristlet, a versatile sundress, and more.